Psalms 91:2

Psalms 91:2 
I will say to the lord my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust. 

In the beginning of this psalms we focus on how the Lord is the defense for those who seek refuge in him. So many times during the day I find myself calling upon the Lord to fill my vessel up with his Holy Spirit. The Lord is the savior of of our lives, we must first come to him in our times of need and not allow self to take hold of us. The Lord calls us to his fortress a solid place of security. When the desires of the day, the temptations of the world, the trials that try and break us down. Philippians 4:19 For I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance. His fortress keeps us safe from attacks of this world. When I think of the Lord being our rock our foundation. I think of the story of the three little pigs. The first pig built his house out of straw a very weak material. That doesn’t take much effort for satan use his words to destroy. Individuals who are living of the world and trying to build a relationship with the Lord. Can easily get distracted and fall from the truth. Having their houses blown away easily by the sins of the world. The second little pig built his house of sticks. A stronger material but not a solid one. When temptations come, satan has to work harder to break us, causing stress on the woven branches making them  brittle and soon broken. The third pig built his house of brick. A material that started as dust and dirt of the earth. Saturated with water and unusable. Until the bricks are baked in the light of the Lord. Making them strong to build his fortress. This is what the Lord is for us who believe and trust his word. He is a strong fortress that can not be broken.  When we take the elements the Lord gives us following his steps. We grow firm and strong in his truth. Just like the brinks which made the house of the third pig. Lord I trust because your word is true. It has taken time but you have built me on a strong foundation. Psalms 91

Comments

Popular Posts