Psalms 111:10
The fear of the lord is the beginning of the wisdom all those who practice it have a good understanding his praise endures for ever.

the fear of the lord is the begin of wisdom proverbs 1:7 the fear of the lord is the beginning of knowledge fools despise wisdom and instructions. i have been a fool as a teenager for not fully following instructions. I like adding my own thing to the instructions and overtime they are never fulfilled. the purpose of singing the psalms is to remind the people of these deeds and encourage them to embrace the privileges that Gods call has bestowed by the heartfelt "fear the Lord"as focused on in verse 10. fear of the lord is something that i have had a hard time grasping my head around. I look at it in a literal point I dont fear  the lord and I have wondered why aren't you afraid of the lord? I am aware of what laws have been put in place in the bible and working at following them to become better disciple of Jesus. the faithful must learn to base their confidence on Gods protection  in his salvation, in his light. Through praise he endures forever. when i find myself reading scripture i have not read over i make it into a story  a visual representation. and i praise what is being depicted as a moment in history like it was. I then find myself flipping though other relating scriptures to better understand the word. I find that my praise grows more and more for the lord. thus getting away from fearing the lord, but in reality fearing what will happen when i allow my mind to draw me away from the truth. i think  that one must be fearful of the lord to better understand who he is what the message in the bible is. 
I will take time each morning to read and understand my scripture reading and see how it draws in fear

Comments

Popular Posts