Psalms 27:1

Psalms 27:1 
The lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear. The lord is my stronghold of my life whom shall I be afraid. 

Someone once’s asked me how I can believe something that was written so many years ago. It doesn’t mean the something as it did when it was written this day and age is different. I look back at scriptures on what the lord said. Because his word is true. I then look at how history and our world are very similar in what is happening. History repeats its self and we are seeing that play out in scripture. I feel that to many people don’t know the scriptures and don’t know what happened during that time. We live in a world where the New Testament is alive and we are living it out daily. The lord is my light the lord will lead us in the direction he wants us to go. We must hold strong to what his word means and not change the context to fit our lives but live for the life of Christ. As we follow the word we build trust and character as Gods Cohen ones. When we attempt to change and make Christianity what we want it to be we look what God has written through out the pages of the Bible. When we are living for Christ what shall we be afraid of? Nothing! We know what God has in store for us because it is said I will not abandon you or forsake you. We need to constantly work on our faith and trusting god for what has been written. And not for what we want to make Christianity to be to fit a secular life. Or a self filled life so many of us still try and live. 

Comments

Popular Posts