1 Corinthians 1:4-5

1 Corinthians 1:4-5
I give thanks to my my God always for because of the grace of God that’s was given you in Christ Jesus that in every way you were enriched in him to be in all speech and all knowledge 

In the text of the Corinthians Paul is thankful that the lord has given the gifts of speech and knowledge to the Corinthians. Despite the problems of pride, though the issue wasn’t with the gift but with the pride and life that it was used in. As Christ gave these gifts I think about the gifts that I have been blessed with and some yet to come. I take heart in hearing I give thanks to God always because I do always in my personal prayers. I always come to the lord and thank him for his grace and mercy. For during that we would be cleansed. I have  a good understanding of this and how we as Christians should be obedient in the scriptures. The lord is a living spirit inside us and we must use what he has given us to minister to his people. Many times I have prayed a prayer of knowledge. For myself for my friends and to complete strangers who God allows me to stop and have a conversation with. But the lord will wait for us to come to him. He isn’t in a hurry to gift us so we can begin or continue his work. We must be in a spiritual relationship with him and have the knowledge of discernment I believe. Before gifts are awarded. Contrary to this the Lord does gift us to see how we will use them. Will it be for the glorification of God. Will it be to gain (self achievements) only God will know. As a Christian I pride myself on becoming more understanding of the word and how I want to live a steadfast Christian life. And I continue to pray prayers that will grow fruit in his kingdom and not what might work for me. 

My application 
I will ask the lord each morning to use me in a new light with the gifts he has given me and will document them. To see how the gifts are glorifying him

Comments

Popular Posts