Hebrews 13:5

Hebrews 13:5 
Keep your life free from love and money and be content with what you have for he said I will not leave you or forsake you. 

Keep your self free is hard in the life style we are living in.  free from love of money, Love for drugs, Love for self gain. I look at that and say how can that be.  The answer is the lords his antidote  to love of money is contentment. Which come from trusting in God provisions of man. In acts 8:20 peter says to Simon May your silver perish with you because you though you could attain gods gift though money. Since the beginning man has thought money solves all problems Simon tried to buy gifts from god how can one be so despite for self gain. I guess this is the where the saying come you can’t buy your way into heaven.  Today isn’t much different we work to make a living and to have things for ourselves. Being content with Christ love is sufficient it’s humbling and it feels better than having things. And the things one does have brim a new meaning because you are using those things to edify god and who he is. Psalms 128:6 the lord is on my side I will not fear what can man do to me. Man can take away everything from you but you love and friendship with Christ. So at the end of the day what is their to loose nothing. 

Application when I make purchases with the money I do have I will ask myself how will this help me share God’s Love 

Comments

Popular Posts