Mark

Mark 10:47-49
47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, Jesus, son of David have mercy on me. and 48 many rebuked him telling him to be silent. but he cried out all the more. Son of David have mercy on me. 49 Jesus stopped and said Call Him, and they called the blind man, saying to him, take heart. get up he is calling you.
Jesus and his disciples have just left the Jerusalem heading to  Jericho on the pilgrimage path.  This was a meeting place were many  pilgrims traveled back and forth to and from Jerusalem. when one of the beggars cry's out to his lord and savior JESUS SON OF DAVID.  I picture the this beggar man seated on the dirt covered road with  wearing rags, with unwashed skin and  dirt matted in his hair. as the crowds passed by. when all of a sudden this blind beggar knows that Jesus is traveling  by, Jesus Jesus he says. to many times have i cried out to Jesus for a saving grace in times of disparate: help through rubbing times, death of family members, and bad decisions i have made. Then Jesus stops and looks over the crowed road telling the passer byres to call the man have him come to me. i can only imagine what the pilgrims were thinking. Jesus calling this man to come to him. he has no right to speak to the most holy. as the beggar approaches Jesus say what do you want from me?  Rabbi  for let me recover my sight. Rabbi the beggar says. that when Jesus knew of this peasants  faith. as a born again christian I am young to have this type of faithful relationship with god. the fact that this blind peasant called out to Jesus as Rabbi shows the of this Jewish lord. Jesus then says by your faith you will see. what is being fully faithful? in my life i have brief thoughts of being unfaithful and this bothers me. because i know in my heart that i am a believer and a follower of Jesus. i dought myself to often and this leads my mind to discourage me with faith. as the once blind beggar turns away from Jesus with his hand together in faith he sees and gives thanks to the righteous one. blind faith nothing or word spoken to this beggar and he was able to overcome his troubles by faith something we take for granded to often. faith that if we would take to time to read gods word he would take away all our iniquities. faith the foundation of our christian lives
for the time i am at potters field i will share with my fellow brothers when i have moments of lack of faith.

Comments

Popular Posts